1. Is it really necessary to recharge my bamboo charcoal? What do I have to do?
It is recommended to put your bamboo charcoal pouch outside under direct sunlight for 2-3 hours per side every 30-60 days (whether it is -30°C or +30°C) for best results. The UV from the sunlight is what activates the bamboo charcoal. During this process, the UV gets into the charcoal and the pores expand. As this expands, the trapped odours and moisture will then be released and this will recharge the bamboo charcoal for reuse. Pouch lasts up to one year if it gets recharged every 30-60 days.
2. I don't live in an area with a lot of sunlight. Are there alternatives to charge my bamboo charcoal?
Under direct sunlight is the only way to recharge your bamboo charcoal pouch. Placing it indoor by a window may not work because the window blocks out UV rays. Even if it works to a certain extent, it's not ideal as odours, moisture, and chemicals get released back into the atmosphere during the recharge process.
3. What do I do with the bamboo charcoal pouch after the one year?
The bamboo charcoal granules inside the pouch can be mixed with soil to reuse. Charcoal granules work as a moisture regulator absorbing excess moisture in the soil and when the soil gets dry, the trapped moisture would get released back into the soil. However, the pouch itself is unfortunately not recyclable.
4. The bamboo charcoal granules was accidentally eaten by my dog. Is it safe for pets?
Bamboo charcoal is a natural product. If accidentally consumed, your pet will be okay. You may even notice his feces have less of an odour. We don't recommend bamboo charcoal be consumed on a regular basis. IF consumed in excess, you may wish to contact your veterinarian.
5. I have young children in the household. Is this product safe to be used around them?
The bamboo charcoal granules are a natural occurring product and completely safe around children. If consumed in excess, you may wish to contact your health care professional.
6. When the Spa Pack was submerged in water, there's a black residue coming out of the pouch. Is this safe?
The first few times of using the Spa Pack, some bamboo charcoal powder from the granules may be released into the water but over time, this will no longer occur. This is safe as the granules are packed with natural minerals.
7. After absorbing a lot of excess moisture, where does this excess go? Will it escape from the package over time?
The moisture will not escape from the pouch as the bamboo charcoal granules will expand to capture it. That's why you may notice the pouch being heavier over time as it captures and holds the moisture inside. Once the charcoal pouch gets recharged under direct sunlight, the weight would return to normal.
Bamboo charcoal is produced from the rapidly growing moso bamboo. It has countless tiny holes that give the resulting bamboo charcoal its revolutionary abilities as both a deodorizer & dehumidifier. Learn More